Sunday, January 5, 2014

January 4

I missed a day already!  lol  Well, not really.  Yesterday was a whirlwind day of busyness....(and mood swings for me! heh)  Still stuck in Maine yesterday, we decided to hit the L.L Bean outlet and other stores in Freeport.  Hey, when in Rome, right?  :) So, we rented a car and away we went.  Lots of looking, but no buying.  (I think mostly because we knew we had limited space in our luggage to take stuff back with us.  Yeah, I'll go with that.  : ))  Anyway, after a nice lunch of lobster-something-or-other (YUM!) and a bit more walking around, we were ready to head back to the hotel, return the car and chill, and wouldn't you know it, Delta calls with an automated message that our flight out of Bangor in the morning was cancelled!!!  What?!  Yes.....cancelled.  Again.  Grrrrrr!  Finally after, oh, about an hour and a half  (give or take) on the phone with the airline, Peter FINALLY got them to confirm us on a flight for Sunday morning....but out of Manchester, New Hampshire!  That means we had to drive 1.5 hours back to the hotel at Bangor airport, pack our stuff and drive 1.5 hours BACK that direction and then an additional 1.5 hours to get to Manchester.  Whew!  But we did it.  And I was pretty pissy and grumpy all day. (My husband can attest to that!)  I just wanted to be home.  

So, as this day progressed, I kept thinking to myself...WHAT in the world could I be grateful about TODAY!?  Then I came across this picture that I snapped at the Mangy Moose Gift Shop in Freeport.  My son, Pete, likes Batman and this particular picture made me laugh when I saw it.  (We wanted to get him the t-shirt, but unfortunately they didn't have his size.  Boo!)  So I took the picture.  It has nothing to do with my day and the airline/trying to catch a flight/Bangor airport fisaco.  But in all the crazyness....it made me smile.  And for that.....I am grateful!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment