Saturday, January 18, 2014

January 18

My favorite restaurants to eat are sushi and Mexican.  I tend to go prefer to go out more for sushi than Mexican because if you set chips and salsa down in front of me, that's it....game over!  lol  Love...love...LOVE chips and salsa.....but the carbs and sodium don't like me.  Plus, pretty much everything on a Mexican menu is carb loaded.  Delicious, but carb high!!  Sushi, on the other hand, is relatively low in carbs AND sodium.  (I even ask for low sodium soy sauce.)  It's high in protein and low in calories.  AND...it tastes delicious!  Nom nom nom!!  :)  I know many people don't like the idea of eating raw fish, (it's not ALL raw btw!!) I used to be one of those people several years ago.  Then..BAM....I tried it and suddenly I am a sushi lovin' fool.....lol  Seriously, we have it at least once a week.  Peter loves it (and was the one to introduce it to me) and all three kids like it, so I pretty much always have a dining partner. :)  (I also have a couple of friends who are into it a bit, too...which is good!)  

I am grateful that I got to have sushi today with Pete and his friend, Jay, at our favorite sushi restaurant.  The best in Troy!!  

Sushi always makes me smile.....  :)  Just look at all this yummyness laid out in this Bento Box!  Yummy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment