Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 15

Well, it's day 2 of this C25K thing I have been working at.  I'm kinda excited about it.  I'm not a runner.  Not even close!  I never thought I would be doing anything ever in my life that would entail running!  Yet, here I am......working out, doing this Couch to 5K thingy.  I actually like it.  Alternating between walking and running.  They say in 8 weeks, if you follow the program, you should be able to run a 5k.  To that I say....HA!  lol  It's gonna take me a lot longer than 8 weeks to get this body up and running for 5 minutes let alone a 5 k!  (Well, I hope not.  I mean....I hope to be running more than 5 mins at the end of 8 weeks...lol)  But even if it takes me 18 weeks.....or 28 weeks...or even 38.  I....don't....care!!  Yanno why?  Because I am doing it.  I am off my butt and doing it and THAT I am happy about!  :)  Does it make me smile?  Well, yes and no....lol  (Hey, I'm out of shape....what can I say!?)  BUT, I am grateful that I am healthy enough to be able to do this program.  I am grateful that I have a treadmill to run/walk on since it's hella cold this time of year!  And I am also grateful that my husband has joined me in this effort.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment