Saturday, January 18, 2014

January 17

I'm a day behind! lol  Oh well!

Having a husband in the auto industry, means that we get to go to some pretty cool functions and events.  Last night we got to go to the North America International Auto Show Charity Preview in Detroit.  It's a black tie event that raises millions of dollars for children's charities in the area.  Great cause!  And I am grateful to have been a part of that.  However, I do NOT like the whole black tie thing.  I don't like getting all fancy schmancy dressed up (and then ending up with sore feet.  And I mean SORE feet).  It's just not me.  BUT, I do it because it's a part of my husband's job.  And I do it because I love my husband. :)  It was a fun evening, I must say.  Sparkles and sequins were the trend of the night for the ladies at the show.  I played it smart this year and bought shoes with a moderate heel and they did me well.  My feet were not screaming at me at the end of the night.  LOL  All in all it was a successful event /evening.  

As much as I dislike getting all dressed up, I am grateful that I can be part of an event like this....and also get to enjoy a yummy dinner afterwards!!

No comments:

Post a Comment