Wednesday, February 5, 2014

February 4

It's World Cancer Day.

To some that means very little.  To me is means a great deal.  Cancer took my baby sister almost 8 months ago.  I hate it!  It's a horrible, cruel disease that does not discriminate!  It fights to win...and sadly, quite often it does.  

I don't need any one day to remember my sister.  She is on my mind every single day!  But that there is ONE day that the world can come together and join in the fight against cancer, is important to me.  Bring awareness, information, knowledge.  Talk about/with loved ones who have fought and won the battle...and who are still fighting!  Remember those who have fought with all they had, and lost.  

I am sad that my sister died from cancer.  I'm mad as hell, too!  But, I am grateful for time we got to spend together before she died.  I am grateful that I was able to be there (when I could be) during her fight!  And, as sad as it is, I am grateful that I was able to be with her when she took her least breath.

So, to say that I am grateful that there is one day dedicated to cancer and to help bring cancer awareness, is an understatement.  (That's why one of the pics I posted is of me wearing purple....wear purple for World Cancer Day!)



No comments:

Post a Comment